Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting ready for the holidays

We are in full swing at getting ready for the holidays. I have 3 pumpkin pies in the oven and the tree is up with lights on after much drama. I thought I smelled, well, buring plastic, and I was right. The lights, all which were brand new via 90% at target, went out not once but after replacing the cord, went out again. Oh my. I was about read to cry.Let me just say that the tree cords they sell are junk and will not hold the power for all my lights. It few out the fuses and melted the plastic. This is when a Husband came in and saaved the day after a trip to Home Depot. The lights are now shiny and bright.
Listen to my Harry's new Christmas Cd non-stop but a little sad that I will not be making the trek to St. Louis to see him next week. IT's a day worth of traveling and his stop came at the worst time of the month. So, I had to skip it regradless of my inner girl that want to drop all grown up commetments and go like the big groupie I am, the Cd will have to do.
I'm 80% done shopping but nothing is wrapped. I think that's pretty good since it's not even Thanksgving just yet.
Safe and happy Turkey day to everyone of my 5 blog readers and thank you for hanging in with me through dry spells.

No comments: